Wednesday, March 26, 2014

Sticky Wall Easter Bunny



contact paper // permanent markers // tape // cotton balls // construction paper // buttons

Herein lies a crafty soul. One that loves to immerse her whole self in experiences. Whose fingers have a hunger to explore. And whose eyes squeal with delight upon finding something new to create.

If you're anything like me, it can be difficult to let go of the intended outcome and embrace the process, regardless of the final product. I've found that providing a number of different materials, and letting the creative unleash on its own lends itself to more engaged and independent play.

I almost always put out new materials while Big is asleep, and I leave them for her to discover on her own. An invitation to create.

With Easter just a few short weeks away, I thought I best hop to it after the hours of fun we had in the lead up to Christmas. Being two, this is the first year that Big is curious and excited to learn what these holidays mean for our family, and I find that little activities like this provide a perfect opening to explore them with her.

I rolled the contact paper out on the floor (paper backing side down) and drew a bunny face on the non-sticky side of the contact paper, using permanent markers. Although you could always print out a template, like this, if sketching is not your thing.

Next, I peeled off the protective layer, stuck the contact paper bunny up onto a wall with some tape, and set out these goodies nearby – torn up cotton balls, ripped construction paper and buttons.

And that is it. You're done. Your very own "Easter the Bunny". Simple. Inexpensive. Fuss and mess free.

24 comments:

  1. What an awesome and simple idea!!! Will give it a try :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Have fun with it Kez! There's nothing better than super easy crafts to keep little people busy!

      Delete
  2. I absolutely love this idea. I don't have a crafty bone in my body so I get super excited when I see posts like this. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problems at all. Happy to share some crafty love!

      Delete
  3. This is a great idea! Would be great one for our local playgroup Mum's.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Annaleis. It was a huge hit here.

      Delete
  4. I don't miss all the craft , such a fun idea for preschoolers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bet Trish! Sometimes it can be such an effort, but I love how simple this one is.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Aren't you a whole lot of lovely, Dannielle? Thank you. X

      Delete
  6. Oh my goodness! I used to do this with the children when I was working! I remember doing this with RJ a couple of years ago but for Christmas.

    Thank YOU for reminding me!

    You are just too clever!

    x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did it years ago too, but making little stain glass windows. Such a great little activity. X

      Delete
  7. Oh this idea is AWESOME I can't wait to try it out when shes old enough!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bank it away for another day! This is why I love Pinterest, Toni!

      Delete
  8. Smarty pants - but I love this idea, no glue or sellotape - WINNING - off to get some contact! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes Em! The no glue is a huge draw card. Love fuss free craftin'. Enjoy!

      Delete
  9. what a agreat craft! Contact is a great idea for the kiddies to use

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Isn't it, Stephanie? So simple, but so very effective.

      Delete
  10. You are such a clever clogs! So many possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are too kind Alicia. And you're right. The possibilities are endless!

      Delete
  11. FABULOUS!!!!! I am definitely going to give this one a try!!! Such a clever idea xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great Robyn. Enjoy some mess and fuss free crafting! X

      Delete
  12. This is great, I'll definitely be trying it at home. Thanks x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Excellent Carla. Happy crafting with your littles. X

      Delete

You might also like: